ANZ Clan Commissioner

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Grant South1

ANZ Clan Commissioner

Post by Grant South1 »

Dear folks, My time as Lieutenant has completed itself. We need to now agree a potential successor as the first ANZ Clan Commissioner. Once we have our person in mind the Clan will seek their confirmation and appointment by the Young Bachuil. I will make this brief observation. The appointment of Clan Commissioner is a post of honour within the Clan society. This practice is accordingly upheld and approved by the Standing Council of Scottish Chiefs. I would like to thank the Young Bachuil for the wonderful opportunity and his open support. All the best! Grant
Kyle2 MacLea

ANZ Clan Commissioner

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Dear Grant! Well met, yet again. I am not among those fortunates in the South Pacific, but I am curious about your statements about the Clan Commissioner. Have you held any clan society meetings in Australia/New Zealand?
Grant South1

ANZ Clan Commissioner

Post by Grant South1 »

Dear Kyle, Good to hear from you! Being spread wide and thin across a vast area of both land and sea. We have met in our email and on this account I'll take no credit as this has been the steady work of Kevin Livingston in Tasmania and John Livingston in Queensland. The society downunder is in a fledging state but one now with time under its belt. This has been made all the more easier as Kevin Livingston has been involved with the 'Friends of Appin' for some time. Speaking off the top of my head, there's a fair chance that Livingstone/MacLea's families in North America have associated themselves with Clan Stewart of Appin or even Clan MacDougall. But I am sure you are already well aware of such details. I believe in general the Scottish Clan movement is well established in North America, and so it would also seem fair to say that any momentum towards formation of a Clan society will be met with interest. We received heavy rains earlier today, although the sun's warmth is ever patient and near. All the best! Grant
John Livingston

ANZ Clan Commissioner

Post by John Livingston »

Hi Folks I would like to take the opportunity to thank both Grant and Kevin for their tireless efforts in bringing together the ANZ Clan Forum, and to the Young Bachuil for allowing such to occur and hosting it - and many apologies for my quietness during the past few months - the New Year has witnessed an unprecedented workload that has slowed me down. Regarding the ANZ Clan - discussions with Grant and Kevin prior to Christmas were very promising.
Kyle2 MacLea

ANZ Clan Commissioner

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Indeed, congrats on getting things up off the ground! The ANZ clan organization will I think be able to provide some good groundwork/suggestions to the North American clan society that may develop, so I will look forward to seeing how things work out.
Kevin Livingston

ANZ Clan Commissioner

Post by Kevin Livingston »

During our discussions I feel we have, sadly, missed out our NZ connections,as they are part of this group. Even though there no massive results comming forth, Kaye Suanders has continued to work tirelessly in the direction of setting up the Society's aims and has had continuous input to any decissioons taken. North America and other locations may have more proffessional people looking after their setups, but, downunder, we are hard at it to keep our heads above water. Good luck to those who are successful by keeping at it.
Bachuil

Thank you all for your interest, support and efforts

Post by Bachuil »

Dear Clansfolk, I would like to thank you all for your help and enthusiasm.
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea