Life Changes

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Bachuil

Life Changes

Post by Bachuil »

Dear All, After 26 years my wife and I are splitting up.
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
D.W.Livingston

Life Changes

Post by D.W.Livingston »

Dear Niall, Congratulations on being ordained as a Anglican Deacon. I'll admit I had to Wikipedia to get a real idea about it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deacon#Anglican) And I am truly sorry for your splitting up. I went through that nearly a decade ago and we did not split as friends so at least there is that. As you say we are all family so please, if you need an ear or any support, we are here to listen. I come in every day to check so you can post online or offline to my email. I thought something was up with your personal email account from your last post, when you said that you played catch up with your work email but not personal account, and I've sent a few things with no responses so I was starting to worry a little. All and all the main thing is take the time needed for these changes, allow "the family" to be there for you if you need us, and get pictures of you being ordained. :) Heartfelt Regards. David
David Wyse Livingston
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Craig McClay Wilson

Life Changes

Post by Craig McClay Wilson »

Dear
Canadian Livingstone

Life Changes

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Young Bachuil, We are all deeply saddened by this news and can well imagine the hardship your family are going through right now.You must however let time heal you, pick your self up and forge a new beginning. Perhaps your faith in God will help you to find the neccessary strength during this time of adversity. You have your family in Scotland as well as us your extended Livingstone family who will support you through thick and thin. Try to draw strength from the positives in your life and dont let the negativity of this situation drag you down. Our shared ancestor Maelmoire must have been a man of great faith who left a a great legacy to his decendants on the Isle of Lismore and neighbouring Movern. You are following in the footsteps of Molmoire and of course St. Molaug. My great-great-great grandfather Miles (Maelmoire)Livingstone was a practicing Presbyterian, but his family likely only embraced that faith under pressure from the Campbells. Following the Jacobite legacy and spirtual preferences of our ancestors the Commitee applauds your lifelong committment to the Episcopalian faith. What I said a few weeks ago about you to your sister I believe with the greatest sincerity. We are truly blessed to have the legendary Baron Livingstone and his son at the helm of our great family. The Livingstone Commitee may have differences of oppinion with others who have adopted our Western Argyll clan, and we have no idea how Connolly's, McLean and a multitude of others are Livingstones but we know without doubt you are the real thing. All we are asking is for common sense to prevail. This is exciting news about becoming and Anglican minister and the Livingtone Committee shall break out the wine and toast to your success as man of the cloth. Regarding any disagreements or dissent on my part, I am actually involved behind the scenes in negotiations with one party to try to avert any further misununderstandings and have put some interestings ideas on the table that are backed by the Committee. I regret the say so far I have not received a response, but I am hoping to be hearing from them soon. Should this fall through the cracks we have however a more interesting idea which I think you might be supportive of. I think however in all fairness we will wait for a response to the original offer that was preposed. sincerely yours D
Jerry

Life Changes

Post by Jerry »

Dear Niall, I'm sorry to hear the news of this stressful time in your life.
Mary Livingstone

Life Changes

Post by Mary Livingstone »

Niall, I would just like you to know that, as a fellow Anglican and kinswoman, I am praying for you, that the good Lord would comfort and strengthen you, and bring healing into your situation.
Jill Richmond

Life Changes

Post by Jill Richmond »

Dear Niall, I read your message with great sadness. I am so terribly sorry about the breakup of your marriage and this is a horrible time for you all. Iam sure everyone on the forum has some experience of marriage breakup, perhaps at first hand or, as in our case, at second hand. Our elder son's marriage came to grief seven years ago and the problems from this are still not entirely resolved, and so Brian and I know the sadness and heartbreak the ending of a marriage can cause. I read also that you are to be ordained a deacon on 12th August. May you find great fulfilment in your calling and may God and St. Moluag walk with you and bring you peace. Jill
Jill Richmond
Kyle2 MacLea

Life Changes

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Very sorry to hear of your sadness, Niall.
Jason Livingstone

Life Changes

Post by Jason Livingstone »

Dear Niall, So sorry to hear your news of family break up. May God Bless you all. From your ever extending Clan family I am sure you have had, and will have continuing prayers said.. Time is a wonderful healer but that I am sure (whilst you are going through the pain right now) is of little solace. So I hope our mutterings here on the forum go someway to filling your lonely time. If it is of any help, you are in our thoughts. Family support across the ether! Jason
Keith Livingstone Australia

Life Changes

Post by Keith Livingstone Australia »

Well, buddy, no magic words, but having stayed in your home five years ago I can tell you that your wee daughters (at the time!) were gorgeous kids and a total credit to you! I've had a wee life challenge myself. Two weeks ago today I was sitting at this same screen in my new clinic when blood vessels in my frontal lobe burst, and I woke up confused on the floor with para-medics and staff around. Turns out I've had a very slow-motion glial cell tumour (the glue-like connective tissue cells of the central nervous system) and it's been slowly putting pressure on things over time. Complete surprise, although I've had a feeling for some time that I should be getting on with things (thought I might hit a cow in the middle of the night while driving or something...but not this). Anyhow, I have ALL my marbles, with no deficits whatsoever, so I've been looked after. So all I can say is that HE is who HE says HE IS, and HE's made me plainly aware of this fact, and has given me a second shot. So I'm going for it. On another subject completely, saw the film Amazing Grace yesterday (Ioann Groffudd, Albert Finney) about William Wilberforce and the Abolition of Slavery Bill. Excellent. Memory tells me that Wilberforce's writings were a huge influence on the very young David Livingstone. Cheers!