Livingstones of Inverness County, Nova Scotia

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Kyle2 MacLea

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Hi Suzanne and Donald. I used David's database to find this info, but the actual images you'll have to go to ScotlandsPeople for. Yes:
Suzanne Livingstone

Post by Suzanne Livingstone »

Thanks so much Kyle Suzanne
Suzanne Livingstone

Post by Suzanne Livingstone »

Found the marriage of Neil and Margaret.
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Suzanne, Thats terrific that you found that record. The original record in the Parish book might list the town or towns where both Neil and his wife originated if it is different from where they married. If not then we can assume they both resided in 1792 at the Port of Monteith. Some Marriage records give the names of the Bride and grooms parents, but i dont think this parish book did unfortunately. regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Suzanne, I wish that these records had citations from the original Parish record books so we could easily locate and verify them in the orignal books. One can send away for a microfilm copy of the original record of your ancestor's marriage if you live near an LDS library research centre or a public library that has access to LDS microfilm reels. Always nice to have an original copy or should I say photocopy of the original family record. I like to go to original source or check it out, cant always rely on copied lists. regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Suzanne, If you do go the LDS route then you might want to check out Old Parochial Registers for Port of Monteith Parish 1697-1854 FHL British Film 1040201 Items 6-7 Looks like the whole thing is on two reels Sorry I dont have a breakdown of what year by year is on the two reels, but I would assume Neil and Margaret's marriage record and info on other relatives marriages and births would be on this reel in the form of original microfilmed reocrds. regards, Donald
Barry Judson

Post by Barry Judson »

Kyle I'm from PEI and I'm on a path now where my GGGrandfather was from Whycocomagh, in Cape Breton. He was born in 1818 and two sons lived on PEI, one of them is my great grandfather, Angus. My GGgrandfather's name was Colin. He died at the age of 50, and I have yet to find his burial site. I have an obituary that says he was from Whycocomagh. Both sons were born in Nova Scotia. After Colin died I'm thinking that his wife and the rest of the family may have moved back to Cape breton. I have a widow Catherine that is the right age, living in Glencoe, in Inverness County in 1881. Does any of this fit? Barry
Kyle2 MacLea

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

If you want it, Barry, I can send you the PDF.
Barry Judson

Post by Barry Judson »

Sure Kyle If you don't mind, please send it. No stone left unturned. I just found out that my aunt has some history, passed on to her from her uncle who has since passed on. I hope this provides some good info on our roots too. Thanks Barry
Canadian Livingstone

JOne of ohn Livingstone and Isabel McDonald's son was probably Malcolm Livingston a Roman Catholic setter born abt. 1803 or 1804 who is recorded in the 1871 at Port Hood near Judique. The Cape George Antigonish County Nova Scotia Livingstons decended from an earlier Malcolm Livingston are Presbyterians and I dont know that there is any proof that they are related to the Judique/Port Hood Livingstones. Others have suggested that the Cape George Antionish County, Nova Scotia Malcolm Livingstone pioneer was a brother of Angus Livingston b.1773 of Boularderie, Cape Breton. At this point I am not certain whom Colin's father but I am hoping that some information on the Whycocomagh area Livingstone will surface which connects them to an earlier Livingstone pioneer. We shall see. regards, Donald