Another wee bairn

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Keith Livingstone Australia

Another wee bairn

Post by Keith Livingstone Australia »

That's what I was going to really say! Mietta ("sweet little thing")Eve Livingstone, our 5th bairn, was born Jan 3rd. All well. A sister for Annabel Grace (13), Miranda Jean (9), Conrad Roy (6), and Henry Cooper (3).
Kyle2 MacLea

Another wee bairn

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

Congrats, Keith!
D.W.Livingston

Another wee bairn

Post by D.W.Livingston »

Congratulations Keith. May you and your family have nothing but Joy. :) David
David Wyse Livingston
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Bachuil

Another wee bairn

Post by Bachuil »

Congratualations to you all. I shall raise a glass to Mietta Eve tonight. Niall
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Roberta Ann

Angus Livingstone

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hello Keith, my family information says that John L. who landed on PEI in 1806 and is my GGGrandfather; he proceeded to Cape Breton had a brother Angus; a veteran of Waterloo. He is said to have arrived Cape Breton 1816. His other brother Malcolm settled on Cape George, Livingstone Cove on the mainland of Nova Scotia North. John was also a veteran of Napoleonic Wars.

Angus Livingstone

WOW! This ties together something we haven't been able to sew up from Old Parish Records! Somewhere on this site (and I will have to trawl!) I put down a bit of information from census records from Ulva showing disparate family information from a later census in Blantyre. My theory was that Angus, my ancestor, had left Ulva for war service between the first census (1795?) and the next,so didn't show on the later Blantyre census. In the interim, younger siblings had been born who did. My Angus, Napoleonic war veteran, does not show on any Scottish OPR birth records, maybe because many highlanders wouldn't pay to register under English jurisdictions, but his son John, born 1805, does. I'm getting over a brain tumour so am a bit fuzzy on fine detail, so will get back to you on this. Thank you! Is this family information in an old bible, or based on church records? My Angus's son John, b.1805, died 1856 in Tirvageny, from "disease of the brain" at about the same age I am now. I'm pretty hopeful of breaking that particular family likeness! Ciao for now!

John Livingstone correction

John son of Angus, died in Tirvagan in 1858, and although his mother's surname is spelt as Hall, the rest of the details of his birth and sibling's first names are exact. From an earlier posting: Angus and Margaret are my known Argyll ancestors. Angus was listed as a Chelsea pensioner (deceased) on his son John's death certificate. This meant he was a soldier or a sailor of many years' service to the king. The same exact phrase, with the same mother, Margaret, maiden name McPhail, appears on the death certificate of an Ann Livingston (who later married a Gilbert McPhail).
Roberta Ann

Angus Livingstone

Post by Roberta Ann »

Ga`day again Keith.
Canadian Livingstone

Angus Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

For me what is interesting is that Angus like John both indicate in their choice of name for their land grant that they obviously originate in Kilninian Parish around Mull or one of the adjacent small Islands. Whether John and ANgus are closely related I cannot rightly say. Clearly they came from the same area.They could be a distant branch of the same Mull area family. Certainly Boularderie Livingstone Website has well researched account of Angus, mentioning three brothers but not including clues about linkage of the three brothers with John Livingston and the Low Point Livingstons. We should leave the door open to the possibility that there is, but apparently the Boularderie Livingstone researchers have not found any linkage as of yet. Thanks for that info on the Boularderie Livingstones. That put the whole Mull Livingstone thing in a clear light for me. Seems like more came from Mull rather than neighbouring Movern. Researchers of Angus Livingston should narrow their search to communities within Kilninian parish and not concern themselves with the Kilmore Parish half of the United Parishes of Kilninian and Kilmore I suspect. I also would be fairly certain that Angus is not from neighbouring Movern or presumingly he would have named his lot after Movern or a village located within Movern Parish. Seems logical to me. regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Angus Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

What I would like to get access to is a listing of Napoleonic soldiers and War veterans from the Argyll area. All have so far are a Private Duncan and John Livingstone that served in 1794 in an Argyll Highland unit. I would like to see a list of veterans that includes all Livingstones in Scotland. THEir is a 1799 recruitment list also somewhere out there for Argyll I think. A list of petitiions in Canada also exists for those British Military folks who settled asked the Crown for a land grant in Canada. Those below I guess are Nova Scotia Petitions. I am going to look through the Ontario petitions soon. regards, Donald regards, Donald