John & Agnes Livingston info? 1800-1835?

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Keith Livingstone Australia

John & Agnes Livingston info? 1800-1835?

Post by Keith Livingstone Australia »

I have traced my ancestry through death and marriage certificates to John Livingston and Agnes Livingston (nee Edmistone or Edmonston; two versions on different certificates) who were the parents of Gavin Livingston, born 4/1/1835 Parish Livingston. Gavin Livingston (22) married Catherine Livingston (20), both farm servants. They married in the Free Church of Scotland in Campbelltown, Argyll, on 29/12/1857.His place of residence was Foachag, Parish of Southend. Hers was Peninver,Parish of Campbelltown. His father was John Livingston, weaver. His mother was Agnes Livingston, nee Edmonston according to the certificate. Her father was Neil McLean, shoemaker. Her mother was Margaret McLean, nee Stewart. Gavin and Catherine had a son Neil McLean Livingstone, my great grandfather, a pianoforte dealer who died in Edinburgh Infirmary in 1906 at 42. His death certificate named his father Gavin as a lodge-keeper. Neil McLean livingstone married Elizabeth Cooper, and her name is on the death certificate. He fathered James Cooper Livingstone, and another Neil Livingstone who died in 1941, and a girl Elizabeth, who married a McGibbon and lived in Paisley at some stage. It was she who eventually got a Livingstone family bible and supposedly David Livingstone's walking stick (??!!).