Another possible Prince Edward Island Livingstone Branch

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Jewel Brown1

Post by Jewel Brown1 »

Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

HI Roberta, Well hopefully can work with the essential clue that his ancestor was born abt. 1855/1856 in Nova Scotia and try to find him in the 1871 and 1861 Census either in PeI or Nova Scotia. It is a start but he will have to find out when his ancestor came to PEI and where he was born in Nova Scotia. I assume that Angus was married about 1878/1879 and his wife is from PEI so we can assume they were probably married in PEI. A marriage record would be a good next step as they often list the names of parents. regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Jewel, Unfortunately there are limits even to my magic genealogical powers. I dont have access to
Jewel Brown1

Post by Jewel Brown1 »

Hello Donald,
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Jewel, Did the WWI document state John Colin he was born June 4, 1879? That was my correction based upon the information I located that was incorrect as to the year of his birth. I knew from the 1881 census he was born around 1879 and 1901 Census did state he was 21, the year was apparently copied down incorrectly. Always a risk when you dont have access to the original source. If you go to my message devoted to Barry's ancestor at Lot 55, King County PEI I have included what should probably be a corrected listing of age birthdate of Angus, Catharine and the five children extracted at the time of the 1901 Census. Hopefully Barry will be back soon to see these postings and the updated info from all of us. Thats great info from WWI that I am sure he and his family will be interested in.
Canadian Livingstone

HI Jewel, I am jumping ahead of things but I need to update my theory on Barry's family origins. Nova Scotia more than likely and possibly either from the Presbyterian Livingstones at Boularderie, Victoria County,Cape Breton, Bras d'or in Cape Breton County, Cape Breton or Cape George in Antigonish County Nova Scotia. I am reasonably certain of this thought not a 100%. regards, Donald
Jewel Brown1

Post by Jewel Brown1 »

Hello Donald,
Barry Judson

Post by Barry Judson »

This is a different branch of Livingstones. I have met some of them and some used to be neighbours of mine and I cannot find a connection to that family in the Murray River area. Talking to my mother today, so I may find out more info. Barry
Barry Judson

Post by Barry Judson »

Thanks a bunch
Barry Judson

Post by Barry Judson »

My Grandfather John Livingstone was not a WWI veteran. My grandfather Judson was was a WWI veteran. Barry