McLeod

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Jewel Brown1

McLeod

Post by Jewel Brown1 »

Hello Donald,
Roberta Ann

McLeod

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Donald; The inaccuracy of the pedigree file on Duncans father is glaring. Family Search has Neil Livingstone born Mar9, 1784 in Craignish and dying Bef. 1792:
Roberta Ann

McLeod

Post by Roberta Ann »

Donald I found some information taken from "A Brief Sketch or History of the Family and Life of Archibald Gardner, Pioneer of 1847, 1781-1858" by Delila Gardner. Margaret, daughter of Neil Livingstone and Janet McNair, born October 12, 1818 in Argylshire Lock, Giphead, Scotland. Margaret married Archibald Gardner, born September 2, 1814 in Kilsythe, Scotland.
Canadian Livingstone

McLeod

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Roberta, The LDS advises people that the family history information submitted to them is not neccessarily accurate. Some of it will be and some will not be. And often someone has copied from someone else who copied from someone else and you hope that the original information was correct. That being said their online information represents incredible family history research resource and one I have found helpful many a time. I assumed that Neil Livingstone and Janet McNair were living in Aldborough Township, Elgin County, Ontario sometime in the 1820's because according one record I saw on the LDS site one of their sons was born there in the 1820's. I made a note of this information and was going to verify this with the earlier census and land records in the Ontario Archives but was busy with other Livingstone research and didnt get back to it. regards, Donald
Kyle2 MacLea

McLeod

Post by Kyle2 MacLea »

This looks to be a malformation: "born October 12, 1818 in Argylshire Lock, Giphead, Scotland" I'm thinking Argyll
Canadian Livingstone

McLeod

Hi Roberta, Margaret Livingston was born in 1818 in Argyll, Scotland. The son Duncan then is the first child of Neil and Janet born apparently in Canada in Aldborough Township,Elgin County in 1822 so that suggests to me that I should check the Upper Canada land petitions to see if a Neil Livingston or Livingston petitioned the Government of Upper Canada for a land grant prior to 1822. Also the Aldborough township Abtract deed Index to see which Concession and Township they settled, when first settled and for how long. All of this unfortunately is at the archives so it will have to wait for a while. regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

McLeod

HI Kyle, Thanks for that. regards, DOnald
Canadian Livingstone

McLeod

HI Kyle, That is something that needs to be sorted out. Someone has done alot of work on Neil Livingston and Janet McNair and family. Whether it is entirely correct we cant be too certain. I guess the best place to start is with Neil Livingston. Obviously he did not die in 1792 as Roberta pointed out if he was married in 1813 and had children from Sarah born in 1814 to Neil and Dougal born in 1827. I started a new posting to continue this discussion. See you there. Donald
Canadian Livingstone

McLeod

HI Jewel, Just to keep you up to date. Theres some discussion on this posting on the Neil and Janet info but I thought I would start a new posting devoted to a discussion of the information pertaining to them. Kyle and Roberta have found some errors and descrepancies in the LDS info on them. See you at the new postings. regards, Donald
MICHAEL LIVINGSTONE

McLeod

Post by MICHAEL LIVINGSTONE »

If it only could be