Peter Livingston of Port Appin Update

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
vkadams

Post by vkadams »

Ok, now that has been discovered and verified, does anyone out there have a handle on Malcolm, Duncan's father and his mother Kate McArthur.
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Virginia, I have talked to Baron about your research. He may be able to help in regards to sorting out where your Livingston family lived on the Island of Lismore. He is passing the information on to family and folks on the Island. I will give your latest research much thought and see where it takes me. I agree that the Duncan born in 1759 is a good contender for your Duncan. Are there any other Duncans in the baptism records that might fit? I will try and find out about that Appin Churchyard. Could be that Peters stone is still in good shape. Some of the stones in these old graveyards are quite old. Who knows maybe he is buried beside Duncan. The APpin Churchyard they speak of may have been transcribed by the local Appin Historical Society which would be very helpful in determing whether your ancestor Peter's stone is still there, wheter Catharine is buried with him and what other kin are buried beside him. Seems logical that other family relations and ancestors would be buried beside him. Lets hope. Knowing the cemetery where your scottish ancestors were buried is a lucky break and lets hope it works out. Something to think about. regards, Donald
vkadams

Post by vkadams »

It is awesome that there is an Appin Historical Society which could look into this for me...thank you for passing this info on to them...I am always grateful for the help...
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Virginia, I left a message with the Appin Historical Society regarding your Peter Livingston but it was someone from another Appin website Appin of Yesteryear that actually contacted me this morning and offered to go take a look for your Livingston kin at their cemetery. I held out hope but in the end he could not unfortunately find Peter's stone. There is one Livingstone that is unreadable that he is trying to deciper. I will see how that goes. regards, Donald