Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Donald; Well Donald, I put their birth dates in my posting to Lesley.
Jewel Brown1

Post by Jewel Brown1 »

Hello Lesley, Since the name Adam Livingston is not seen very often I thought I would pass this along to you. In Lismore,Appin,Duror there was a John Livingston christened on Dec. 11,1805 to Adam Livingston and Mary McCorquodale. Jewel
margaret

Post by margaret »

Hi Jewel and Donald, Thank you for your help and interest. I have managed to find the family of John and Bridget(Brisset)in the OPR via Family Search (extracted records) and Scotlands People. They had the following children; Donald
margaret

Post by margaret »

Sorry I meant Roberta not Jewel! Jewel I shall look at the Adam you mentioned as, as you say, it is not the most common name so there may well be a connection. Thank you again everybody, Lesley
Jewel Brown1

Post by Jewel Brown1 »

Hello Lesley,
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Jewel, The John you mentioned was baptised on the Isle of Lismore and recorded in the old Lismore parish. The old Lismore records are baptisms and marriages. It is interesting that an Adam Livingston is the father and that some of the children are actually baptised at Bachuil. Perhaps this John's father Adam is one of the Baron's son. I would have to check the Bachuil Baron's family tree that we have for 18th and 19th century Barons of Bachuil. Dont know if there is connection between the Bachuil Livingstones, this Adam or more importantly with Leslie's Alexander and son Adam, though interestingly I think Leslie mentioned something about a reference to Lismore in one of his family records. I would like to go back check what Leslie said about Lismore. But your right Adam is not that common a name so when it shows up like this as you have found in the old Lismore baptismal records it makes you wonder. Well there are a couple to things to check out. NOw where did I put that Baron of Bachuil family tree? There is one on the web page but there is a more detailed one that I have seen elsewhere. Probably I have a copy and dont remember where I put it. Anyways I will sort this out. I have to find out if I still have access to old parish records for Lismore and Appin. I have the original microfilmed parish books on loan. Started going through the Appin marriage. Could not find too many early Lismore marriages for some reasons but copied the ones I did manage find as I found them on the reel. regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Jewel, That would be a different Adam and Maggie Livingston than Leslie's ancestors who were living in Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland in 1901 according to the Scottish census but they could possibly be relatives. regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Hi All, Baron Coll Livingstone b.1773 had a son Adam born 1828. I remember in earlier posting on the forum we had found one or more of Coll's sons had gone to America in the 1800's I seem to recall. Jewel, Roberta and I were checking out Bachuil Livingstones who made their home in America and found quite a bit of info. regards, Donald
Jewel Brown1

Post by Jewel Brown1 »

Hello Donald, I looked further into the Adam and Maggie Livingston that appear in the 1900 census for Oregon.
Canadian Livingstone

Hi All, I did not find any further info on another Adam Livingstone's connection to the Bachuil Livingston family. The Adam Livingston who was married Mary Mccorquodale and whose eldest son John was baptised in 1805 had a couple of children baptise when they were living at Bachuil. Whether that means they have a Bachuil Livingstone family connection I cannot prove. This Adam Livingstone was born sometime in the 1770's or perhaps the 1780's on the Isle of Lismore i would assume. If he was a Bachuil Livingstone he might have been a son of