NEW Website

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Bachuil

NEW Website

Post by Bachuil »

I have decided to tidy up this website and have set up a new bulletin board and gallery at www.clanlivingstone.info/forum/index.php Please have a look and see what you think.
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Jill Richmond

NEW Website

Post by Jill Richmond »

Dear Niall, I have had a look at the new website and registered as a user. For a semi computer illiterate like me, it will take just a little bit of getting used to, but I am sure that as it gets up and running it will provide us all with a lot of information and greater privacy for users. So thank you very much for providing this for us. Also, if the clan crest is a replica of the new cap badge. I think is is terrific. Regards, Jill
Jill Richmond
Jewel Brown1

NEW Website

Post by Jewel Brown1 »

Help!
Roberta Ann

NEW Website

Post by Roberta Ann »

I tried to register but, you said I didn't exist. Roberta
Jewel Brown1

NEW Website

Post by Jewel Brown1 »

Hello,
Bachuil

NEW Website

Post by Bachuil »

I have added a few photos etc to the Gallery and some topics to the forum. You need to register before you can login.
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Roberta Ann

NEW Website

Post by Roberta Ann »

Good morning everyone; I am, currently, a person existing; as a member of the Mini Clan. Roberta
vkadams

NEW Website

Post by vkadams »

I registered...yesterday it booted me off because I couldn't read the encryption.... Love the pics in the gallery...
Barry Judson

NEW Website

Post by Barry Judson »

Hi I like! PHPbb is the best free discussion forum platform around as far as I know. It is very stable and has a mysql database to store information. From experience, it is good to backup the database and website folder incase of problems. Restoring the folder and database is easy and it makes a great way to archive the discussion for historical purposes. Is there anyway to migrate the information from the old discussion, or maybe put a link on the new one to the old one for reference purposes? There's so much good stuff in the other one I would hate to see it not available. Barry
D.W.Livingston

NEW Website

Post by D.W.Livingston »

I agree with Barry that we need to keep the old forum data as there was some intense and incredible discussions with a lot learned and we can't lose that information. I know that the old forum has no way to separate so it could be put into the correct forum categories but we must find a way to keep this. Barry's idea of linking back to the old (like an archived forum) might be a good way. The only other idea I had was to go back and copy the entire thread of each message (some only 1 deep, some 70 deep) and then copy/paste into the individual forums... but that is way to complicated. Any other ideas? David
David Wyse Livingston
Tucson, Arizona, United States