Another Ballachuilish Livingstone

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
Kaye Saunders

Another Ballachuilish Livingstone

Post by Kaye Saunders »

I was contacted over the weekend about my Livingstones by someone who is not related, but he said he descends from Cecilia Livingstone (who possibly married a McColl), the daughter of Angus Livingstone (born 1815) and Margaret McInnes. I did a search through my stuff and couldn't locate a Cecilia either in the Church of Scotland records or in the St John's ones. He believed that they came from Ballachulish. Has anyone got these people in their tree/family who can shed some light on which family they may be?

Cheers
Kaye
Canadian Livingstone

Re: Another Ballachuilish Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Kaye,

I cant find anyone that fits the Cecilia Livingston or Livingstone you are describing. None are showing up as a daughter of Angus Livingston/stone and Margaret McInnes. None in the Ballachulish records as you mentioned and none in the parish records of Argyll except for a Cecilia Livingstone married April 14,1811 to a Duncan McColl in Lismore Parish. Sorry.

regards,

Donald
Kaye Saunders

Re: Another Ballachuilish Livingstone

Post by Kaye Saunders »

Thanks Donald. I think I'm going to have to get a bit more info from him and go back from Cecilia - wish I had some credits on ScotlandsPeople. Maybe it's time to buy some with the exchange rate the best it's ever been - I can go through so much on that site :-)