Nottawasaga Township, Simcoe County, Ontario Livingstons

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
Canadian Livingstone

Re: Nottawasaga Township, Simcoe County, Ontario Livingstons

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi ALex and John,

As I recall there was a younger sister in the Kilmeny Baptismal records named Mary and its been a while but I think i was able find out that Malcolm Livingston's neighbour in Nottawasaga Township was a John McGill who was apparently married to a Mary Livingston who seems to have been Malcolm and probably Alexander's sister. Interestingly after Malcolm died, his widow Catharine Lamont Livingston moved in with the McGill family in Nottawasaga Township. At the time I had the complete parish records for all the children of this Neil Livingston and (another) Catharine Lamont or Lamond of Kilmeny Parish, Islay including Alexander baptised 1815, Malcolm baptised 1819, and Mary (Mrs. John McGill of Nottawasaga Township, Simcoe County). Not sure where my original notes have gone, but the old forum postings probably have much of what I did find. I will see if there is anything else I can relocate from 2011. I dont think I located the presbyterian marriage records for your ancestors Alexander Livingston and FLora Lamont, but they would have been married in the 1840's in Simcoe County, Ontario. Their first child apparently was a son Neil born abt. 1845 or 1846 followed by Angus born abt. 1848 or 1849 and several others which i included in a previous posting.

regards,

Donald