Rupert Capstick and Minnie Martin?

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
Livingstone_PEI

Rupert Capstick and Minnie Martin?

Post by Livingstone_PEI »

Hi All

Many of you may remember that Colin Livingston, my GGgrandfather had two daughters Katherine and Mary. I had found the whereabouts of Katherine, but Mary's family always somehow eluded me. Well I found her and her family in Worcester, Massachusetts, where her sister Katherine also was living. I also found that Mary's daughter Minnie married a Rupert Capstick and according to the census he was the head of the household and three of Minnie's siblings lived with them. I couldn't help but wonder if there was any relation to Ann Capstick between Rupert and her. I tried to send an email to her but it bounced back and I know she posts here occasionally so I am hoping she will respond.

Descendants of Mary Martin are as follows and I hope I will be able to track down living members of this family in Massachusetts.

Minnie Martin's children in 1930 US census:
Marjory F Capstick - 1922
Paul Capstick - 1927

Thanks
Barry
Canadian Livingstone

Re: Rupert Capstick and Minnie Martin?

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Barry,

Ann has visited this site but we have not heard from her for a long time. Definitely her Capstick family in Nova Scotian, but I dont know which County they resided in. She is descended I think from the Bouldelarie Livingston family of pioneer and former British Navy sailor Angus Livingston who settled in that part of Cape Breton in 1819 as I recall. The family lived in Victoria County, Cape Breton. This is one of the Cape Breton Livingston families that we dont have represented in the maclea Livingstone Society DNA Project as yet.

regards,

Donald
Livingstone_PEI

Re: Rupert Capstick and Minnie Martin?

Post by Livingstone_PEI »

Hi All

Just wanted everyone to know that I have made contact with a descendant of Rupert Capstick and Minnie Martin. Just to clarify, Minnie is Colin Livingston's granddaughter.

Barry