Livingston database for Members

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
D.W.Livingston

Livingston database for Members

Post by D.W.Livingston »

Hello Everyone,

This is a test for the new forum but also I wanted to remind everyone that Clan MacLea\Livingstone has an indepth database that should be added to the website soon. Until that time please feel free to put your request in the forum and we will manually search the database for any results.

Currently the database has information taken from Scotland's People. So if you utilize that website please check here first and we can at least get you names and dates (which would cost 1 credit per page) and might pull something you hadn't thought of.
David Wyse Livingston
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Canadian Livingstone

Re: Livingston database for Members

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hello David,
Nice work on the forum.
The Livingston database will no doubt prove to be an invaluable tool in the search for Livingstone/Livingston ancestors.

regards,

Donald
D.W.Livingston

Post by D.W.Livingston »

I can't and won't take any credit for this wonderful new forum it was all the Chief doing from conception to realization. :-)
David Wyse Livingston
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Hi David & Donald,

In the new forum, I was wondering if we might consider whether we want to make easy access to the database a clan society member benefit only? I am thinking we can put it online through the forum for paid-up members only, and then do a limited number of look-ups for any registered forum member free of charge. (I'm just trying to think of creating benefits for the paid-up member when we establish the dues for the society.)

Thoughts?
Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

HI Kyle and David,

That sounds like a great idea Kyle. An incentive to become members. There are probably a few perks, small clan related gifts we could also offer in addition to intice people in great numbers to sign up. Place an ad on the website page and forum when the time comes to launch the big membership drive.

regards,

Donald