My Livingston(e) Line

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
beadmom

Re: My Livingston(e) Line

Post by beadmom »

I think....I've got my book caught up to the newly found tree.....Now I have to go collect the wrong people out and get the right people in.
A HUGE thanks to Donald and Kaye!

Ginger
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

Would like to mention that after connecting with all the passed people in my line, I am very blessed to have connected with my cousin Kaye (who is very much alive) besides the wealth of very much appreciated information...I am blessed with an ongoing relationship!

and again a big thanks to everyone!

Sad to say my job situation has changed somewhat and also my daughter's job and so she is back in the states and I am not going to make it to Scotland this year....at least though I am looking forward to someday meeting Kaye (who lives in New Zealand), perhaps in Scotland someday! (Or New Zealand)!

Ginger
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Ginger,

Glad you found your Livingston cousin Kaye and forged a new friendship. Reminds us all what a worthwhile effort this Forum really is.We also appeciate the contribution you and Kaye have made to our knowledge of your Ballachulish Livingstones. I must admit I have learned quite a bit more about the Ballachulish Livingtons having gone through the research process with you and having gone through some of Kaye's research material from St. John's Church, Ballachulish. So thanks for that. Lets drink a toast to all of our Ballachulish Livingston Clansmen of yesterday that broke their backs everyday in the old quarry to keep a roof over their heads and feed their families.

regards,

Donald
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Here, here, Donald!

And kudos to Ginger and Kaye, I think the work and the results have been great!

And the Clan Society would love a copy of your book when you're done! Heck, we could even sell copies if you want!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

ROTFL....

I just sent a query letter out for a children's book I wrote about about a baby goat and I was trying to figure out why the clan would like to sell it.....I backtracked and got reoriented..

Now you've got me thinking I might want to make some kind of interesting historical fiction (since I would have to make some stuff that I don't know up) maybe 3 generation (Donald, Jack, John) story.

Hummmmm...

Oh.. and I'll drink to most anything so Slante! TO THE BALLACHULISH LIVINGSTONES!
Ginger
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Here, here!

BTW, if you do publish pretty much anything, we could consider selling it.

You can put Ginger Livingstone Sanders as your author name!

Actually, I'm intrigued about the baby goat book, I saw the title on Facebook!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
New Hampshire, USA
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

I will use Ginger Livingston Sanders

and now....there will be a camel book.

It's YOUR fault ---->KYLE<------ I have THREE books stuck in my head...Ballachulish Livingstons Genealogy Info, An historical fiction work of my Livingstons and..... The Missing Nativity Camel.

Good thing I am going to be unemployed after today. (Did I say that???)

Ginger
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Whoa, Ginger, I am sorry to hear that. Is it voluntary, or, ahem, involuntary? I am hoping either you find something great quickly, or you turn on the writing career quickly. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
New Hampshire, USA
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Ginger perhaps you have a future as a best selling novelist. Can you imagine this?

THe latest from novelist Ginger Livingstone and a best seller for seven weeks "The Mystery of the Missing Nativity Camel" sold out almost as quickly as was put on the shelves of all the major book dealers around the world this week. Her Publisher Living Pebble Books is working round the clock to keep up with demand. Already negotiations are underway with a major film company for a 3 part movie of this Epic Drama and some of biggest names in hollywood are said to be interested in starring roles. There is also said to be already talk of sequel with a variety of possible titles considered including "Missing Nativity Camel 2", Missing Navity Camel Returns and Missing Nativity Camel Found". There is also some interest expressed in Hollywood with releasing a 3 D version of the film. Not since the Harry Potter series arrived on the scene has such excitement been generated by an author of fiction.

Donald
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

WOW...... I can imagine..but you really are better at it!

Still, I am starting on it tomorrow just because of this. (I am NOT kidding)

Ginger