Kintyre Ancestral Research

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
Kyle MacLea

Kintyre Ancestral Research

Post by Kyle MacLea »

This link may help anyone researching ancestors in Kintyre:

http://www.ralstongenealogy.com/kintmagarticles.htm

There are some genealogical articles posted, though a quick look didn't see anything Livingston/McLea related.

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Canadian Livingstone

Re: Kintyre Ancestral Research

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Kyle,

Not an area with any early settlement of Mcleas and Livingstones. The odd ones might have ended up at Campbelltown. Quite alot of Mckinlays, McKinleys but I never was able to as you know make the link between McKinlay and McLeay. I wonder what the DNA will suggest regarding McKinlays Interesting that Boggs are said to be connected to Livingstons in Ireland, the Donegal early records you found from the 1600's also mentions some Boggs families that lived near McCLaes or McClays, McKinleys and McCains, I think. Dont know about a definite documented Livingston connection but certainly looks to me like Boggs were living in close proximity with McClays or McLaes in Donegal I think it was. I had not noticed that before last week regarding Boggs.

regards,

Donald