Hugh Livingstone 1810 Morvern

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
PhyllisLivingstone

Hugh Livingstone 1810 Morvern

Post by PhyllisLivingstone »

I am researching my Father's Livingstone family and have managed to identify Hugh Livingstone born 1810 Morvern as my Great Great Grandfather. His father was John Livingstone married to Cirsty McNiven and John's parents I believe were James Livingstone and Mary McDuffie.

I have a lot of information from Hugh Livingstone onwards, but not so much prior. If anyone has any information that they can share with me, it would be much appreciated.

I know the family comprising John, Cirsty, Hugh, Effy and James also lived on Mull. Hugh married Mary McKinnon, and had a son James who married Sarah McPhail, eventually moving to Lochgilphead.
Canadian Livingstone

Re: Hugh Livingstone 1810 Morvern

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Phylis,

Welcome to Maclea Livingstone Society Forum. Apart from the baptism of your ancestor Hugh Livingston of Fernish, Morvern on the 23 September 1810 in Morvern Parish, Argyll and fact that his parents were John Livingston and Christy McNiven and he had a sister Effy, we know little about their kin before this, as the records for this parish prior to 1803 have apparently not survived . I could not find a marriage record for them anywhere in Argyll. My great-great-great grandfather Miles Livingston b.1775 stated he was a native of Morvern though a baptismal entry from the neighbouring Island of Lismore seems to indicate he was baptised there.

regards,

Donald (Livingstone) Clink
Historian
Maclea Livingstone Society