Games and Festivals 2011

Public Forum for discussion or comments on Gatherings around the world. This could include Clan gatherings or other Scottish or Highland festivals.
Forum rules
Any Clan, Scottish, or Highland Gathering can be discussed here.
Greg Livingston

Games and Festivals 2011

Post by Greg Livingston »

It is time to start thinking about the various games and festivals this year! After our start last year and having tents set up at 5 festivals I am excited about this year. I am looking forward to hearing about Society members and potential members that are interested in hosting or assisting at our clan tents.

Anyone that is interested in spending some time at a clan tent please contact me as soon as possible. I would like to see us spread out more than just Colorado, Oregon and Arizona this year. Rumor has it that there will be a tent at one or more festivals/games in Scotland which will be great!

So please, if you are interested in either hosting or assisting at a tent this year, please let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you!
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Northglenn, Colorado, USA
Roberta Ann

Re: Games and Festivals 2011

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Greg.;

Antigonish, Nova Scotia. The oldest continuous highland games in North America: first held in 1863.

http://www.antigonishhighlandgames.ca/schedule/

Regards;

Roberta
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Roberta,

I was not aware of that. That is good to know and something to keep in mind regarding our Clan in Nova Scotia where there are today a great many descendants of highland Livingstone settlers part of a large gaelic Scottish culture. And of course where your Livingstone roots are.

regards,

Donald
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

If any of our Canadian members (or anyone else!) is interested in attending the Antigonish Games and setting up a Clan tent, be sure to let Greg know--he can help make it happen. We would *love* to have the Clan represented there!

BTW, Greg, I am still not sure where I'll be come Games season. If I'm here in Colorado I'll be around to help you again! If not, then I will definitely try to do at least one Games/Festival in the new place!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Greg Livingston

Roberta - It would be great to have a tent set up there. What a great place to spend a week in July! Maybe if I hit the lottery.....

Kyle - Ever since I heard about your job hut I have assumed you might be leaving the area at some point in time. I will continue to be at the area festivals even if I'm alone. I should be able to get someone to join me for at least part of the time at any of them so don't worry. The worst it could be is 103*F like last year at Elizabeth. :o :D
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

Portland just opened it's registration today for the games (http://www.phga.org/) July 14 and I sent and inquiry. We are definitely representing at the Madras (High Desert Celtic Soc.) games in August as I am part of the board.

I'll be out of town for the Eugene, OR games but I will be watching for more opportunities in Oregon.

'Tis the season :D

Thanks to all of you I have have celebrated rousing St. Andrews Day and Burn's Night this year, as well as conversing with a cousin that I will meet up with in Scotland next year!
I need better garb.

On another note....I gave up alcohol for Lent.....Someone make sure I do NOT do that next year. What was I thinking????? 21 days to go :roll:

Ginger
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

You can do it, Ginger!

And we are excited that you will perhaps consider a "garb upgrade" this year--Livingston tartan kilted skirt, perhaps?? :)

Anyway, would love to have some more representation in OR!

K=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Greg Livingston

I have been putting together a handbook regarding hosting a clan tent. There will be information in it that we ALL can use, including me. Since Joyce and I have put an offer in on a house and will be moving in May, I had better get that finished and reviewed so that we can put it to use.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

And we are excited that you will perhaps consider a "garb upgrade" this year--Livingston tartan kilted skirt, perhaps??
In that regard...A kind person who I shall be grateful to name if she likes, stepped up and offered me a lonley Livingston tartan kilted skirt that has been sitting in her closet.(Of course it happens to be my size) it is on it's way to me as we speak.

Because Livingstons are just that awesome.

I am SO EXCITED! :D
Greg Livingston

Great news Ginger. That will look great with a Livingstone sash and white top. They sure will know you're a Livingstone when they see you coming!
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner