Caledonian Society of Arizona

Public Forum for discussion or comments on Gatherings around the world. This could include Clan gatherings or other Scottish or Highland festivals.
Forum rules
Any Clan, Scottish, or Highland Gathering can be discussed here.
Greg Livingston

Caledonian Society of Arizona

Post by Greg Livingston »

The Caledonian Society of Arizona is having their 46th Annual Arizona Scottish Gathering and Highland Games on February 27th and 28th, 2010. This Gathering will be held in Phoenix and I would like to know if we have any volunteers that would be willing to set up, take down and man a tent for Clan MacLea (Livingstone). I, personally, will not be able to attend this Gathering and don't know if any of our other Clan Officers will attend. We should have at least two people (a couple?) so that you can take breaks and would work best with at least four. Please contact me by PM as soon as possible since the registration will double effective 1 Feb 2010. I do have the forms that will need to be filled out for the tent.

I will normally be posting these requests in a much more timely fashion but this one just jumped right out at me today.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Northglenn, Colorado, USA
Greg Livingston

Re: Caledonian Society of Arizona

Since registration goes up on Monday for the 46th Annual Arizona Scottish Gathering and Highland Games being held in Phoenix at the end of February and we don't have any volunteers at this time, we will postpone attending this Gathering until next year.

I will personally be attending at least two of the three Gatherings/Games here in Colorado this year and possibly one or two more that are in surrounding states. I will be posting a notice for volunteers at the next Gathering within the next week. I'm looking forward to hearing about your interest in attending.

Thank you.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

If something comes up in Oregon that I can be of help with I am happy to do it!

I am also interested in getting to one of the Colorado gatherings so I can meet you all. I am also hunting down a lost great-great grandfather Livingston in CO. so wherever the records are held I am going to try and get there.

Ginger
Greg Livingston

Thank you Ginger. I know there are Gatherings, Festivals and Games in Oregon but not sure when and where right now. If you know of one in your area and think you will have potential Clan members attending, please let me know and we can set something up. You can also contact me by private message (PM) here on the board.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

There used to be one right here in Bend every August but I have not heard of it in years. I'll look into it.

Ginger
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Yes, Ginger--you and others are our eyes and ears! We really appreciate you keeping an eye out and spreading the word.

Kyle=

PS Membership will very soon open for the Clan Society. Just testing it out right now...
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Greg and Kyle;

FYI:-The 147th Highland Games, July 4-11, 2010. First held in 1863. Antigonish, Nova Scotia. There is always a Livingston/e tent. Information is on-line at Antigonish Highland Games.

Regards;

Roberta
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Hi all,

If you go to this site it will give you dates and areas of Highland Games for the entire U.S. " The Association of Scottish Games & Festivals"

http://www.asgf.org/9.html

Jewel
Greg Livingston

Hi Jewel,

Thank you. I have that site and several more bookmarked that manage to cover all of the Games, Festivals and Gatherings that I have heard about. Right now, for me, it is more about finding where Clan members are and then which festival is near them before asking for volunteers. My original list of events was made based on just which were larger or more well known and just a little on where I knew people lived. For example, Longs Peak Highland Festival and Games in Estes Park, CO is close to both Kyle and me. David is close to a few in Arizona. As I learn where our members live, I will find the nearest event and see who would like to work there to find more members for the Clan Association.

Whew... :o what have I bit off here and will I be able to chew? LOL
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

We'll be happy to help you nibble away!

Ginger