Pacific Northwest

Public Forum for discussion or comments on Gatherings around the world. This could include Clan gatherings or other Scottish or Highland festivals.
Forum rules
Any Clan, Scottish, or Highland Gathering can be discussed here.
beadmom

Pacific Northwest

Post by beadmom »

I met up with Deb Falconer this morning. (Turns out she goes to my church) She handles all the dancing for the High Desert Celtic Society.
The High Desert Highland Festival in Central Oregon will be Sat August 14.

She will get me hooked up with the right folks to get us in.

Turns out there are a few paces in Oregon that RENT KILTS!
I am looking into that!

Ginger
Greg Livingston

Re: Pacific Northwest

Post by Greg Livingston »

Ginger, I received the information for the Portland Games over the weekend. They are scheduled for July 17 at Mt. Hood Community College. I'll get everything scanned in as soon as I get my other system back up and running :x Hopefully I haven't lost everything on the one hard drive that hasn't been backed up yet.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Ankeny, Iowa, USA
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Getting ready for the High Desert Games, Ginger? I'm looking forward to my first Games of the year next month, and then the last in September. Greg, being the stalwart, will be doing 3. I can't wait to meet and chat with some possible fellow clansmen!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Jill Richmond

Post by Jill Richmond »

Wishing you all a great time. I look forward to having new members for the Clan Society.

Jill
Jill Richmond
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Indeed, Jill! It's an exciting time. If nothing else, we will get to spread the word through other Clans and Clan Societies as well. Getting the word out is nearly as important!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

FRIDAY!!!!! That is in 3 DAYS!

I am hoping to get Friday off so I can go early and make our booth PERFECT! If not I am doing it Saturday morning after the Friday night Pub Crawl 8-)

Thanks everyone for all the help. The young(er) men might participate in the athletics if we can swing it.

I'll take lots of pictures!

Ginger
Greg Livingston

One thing I should warn you about, Ginger. The tent will never be "perfect". You will always find something to add, something to change, something to remove. It is a continual evolution and about the time you think you're done, oooooh, we need THAT for the clan tent. :lol: OR there will be some game that one of the clans dreams up or heard about to help keep the various members connected.

For example, at Elizabeth this year one of the clans decided that a little sheep stealing between the clans would be a good idea. Sooooooo, at the 3 games in the area all of the clans are going to be having a 12 - 14" sheep with a clan crest or a bit of their tartan displayed on the table. The job of the other clans is to steal it and not get caught. Hopefully the claymores won't get too much of a workout. :shock: The idea is to gain points by 1) protecting your "flock", 2) raiding and "stealing" from other clans, 3) protecting what you stole, 5) raiding and getting your own sheep back. At the end of the games the "stolen" sheep go back to the owners and points are added up. There is a US$5.00 entry fee which will be returned as a bottle of single malt for the winner.

Since this is new and rules will not be distributed until this weekend at Highlands Ranch, this will start at Estes Park which is the 3rd and last festival before the end of the season in Colorado. Elaborate plans will be made by next year. :mrgreen:
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Ankeny, Iowa, USA
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

I'll consider it a good start if we make it back to the motel from the Pub Crawl friday night (Friday the 13th!..which in my family is considered a most lucky day.)
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

ACKKKKK.... :shock:

After all that chatter months ago....NAMETAGS.. I forgot NAMETAGS.
Well... at least I didn't SHOW up without nametags.

Ginger
Last edited by beadmom on Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Livingston

Ginger, a simple peal and stick type name tag will work. Just put Clan MacLea (Livingstone) on top with your name below it.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Ankeny, Iowa, USA