FamilySearch Record Search

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
Kyle MacLea

FamilySearch Record Search

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Hi all,

I found some new records I didn't know about recently using the LDS FamilySearch Record Search feature.

I would highly recommend checking it out!

http://search.labs.familysearch.org/rec ... start.html

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Kyle MacLea

Re: FamilySearch Record Search

Post by Kyle MacLea »

In fact, using this, I just found my immigrant ancestors' marriage record! What is interesting to me especially is that they married in Paterson, NJ, then moved to Chicago for the birth of their first child, and then moved back.

I had originally thought they have come in through Canada, but this is now making me doubt that theory.

More sleuthing to do--and need a copy of the original record, for sure!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
New Hampshire, USA
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Hi Kyle,

Yes Family Search is in the process of adding many new records. some have , but not all yet, the printable documents such as births, marriage and deaths. The e-mail I received recently called it Family Search Beta database. http://fsbeta.familysearch.org/ I found it very helpful, also new records for Nova Scotia and Cape Breton church records.

Jewel
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Thanks, Jewel! It really seems very useful, especially since it's free. That's a GREAT resource. I need to also make a trip to the local LDS FHC this week so I can order some of the films I found!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
New Hampshire, USA