International Tartan Day

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
Kaye Saunders

International Tartan Day

Post by Kaye Saunders »

Well, l've hunted out my shawl/shoulder wrap to wear tomorrow - now I just have to remember to do so. It is the Stewart of Appin tartan though as when I had it woven for me I knew nothing about the Clan Livingstone and only knew that the Ballachuilish ancestors were associated with the Stewarts of Appin. I must see about getting another piece done (or maybe resurrecting my loom and actually weaving one myself???)

Anyway, when I did a quick web search I didscovered that it wasn't as international as I thought it was and that some parts celebrate the day in April. So, if you do celebrate it tomorrow (1st July - I know, I'm a day ahead) enjoy it.

Kaye
Kyle MacLea

Re: International Tartan Day

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Thanks, Kaye!

You know, if you ever wanted to weave the Livingston/e tartans at any point, I am sure some others on this very Forum may be interested in purchasing some (hint, hint). :)

Wear some Tartan, folks!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

On a very happy note for me....

Many years ago I found a Universal Stewart kilt with the tags still on it at the Goodwill. It was from a very respectable shop in Edinburgh and cost new about $600. It was a size 14 and I was a size 24 but for $7 I could hang it in my closet and dream.

Now I am down to a 16...so the other day I was lamenting my lack of tartan and realized...HEY..It'S A KILT=wrap around skirt........ not so much fitted as other things and happily for me I CAN WEAR IT!

Doin' a fling.

Ginger
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Very nice, Ginger! While it is not a traditional ladies' garment, it is always good to sport the tartan, and of course women always have the option of wearing a kilt as a skirt. We will of course expect pictures, though. :)

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com