Looking for relatives of Milton E. Livingstone

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
Kyle MacLea

Re: Looking for relatives of Milton E. Livingstone

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Hmph. Wonder why the old forum is no longer working?

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Kyle;

I can get to it another way. I will edit this post.

Go to ----- Sharam P E I ----- scroll down on the first page to the Clan Messege: when you click on that you will see the Old Forum Messege.

Roberta
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Kyle,
Not to worry.
You cant access the old forum as it is no longer operational but Barry saved all the posting from the old forum as archival material and you can go through them at our this forum. I do that from time to time. I appreciate Barry taking the time to set that up.

regards,

Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Roberta,

Sorry about that. If you can find the past information on Samuel LIvingston's 1941 death certificate and information on his parents that would be fantastic. I was just curious about him and who his family was. The other Livingston farmers at Lot 60 all seem to tie in nicely as family of settler John LIvingston 1793-1864 and wife Margaret MacLeod. I have mostly be focused on pre 1840 settlers in PEI and Nova Scotia so I am trying to get better acquainted with those who arrived in the 1840's from Scotland. I had JOhn and Margaret on a summary list and knew that John was from Colonsay but was not familiar with his sons. So I found that discussion of some help.

regards,

Donald
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Hello Donald,
In regards to the Ewen Livingstone on Lot 30 Queens County. this is what I have found.

The first record I find of him: Ewen Livingstone b. Dec. 30, 1854 Bonshaw, son of John Livingstone and Peggy McDougall. (record taken from PEI.gov.) Ewen is the brother of Samuel Livingstone born Bonshaw abt. 1852.

Baptism for children of Ewen Livingstone and Catherine Fisher(taken fron PEI .gov.)
Charles F. b. June 20,1888 Argyle shore
Donald C. b. May14,1895 Argyle Shore
Annie W. b. Nov. 3, 1899 Argyle Shore

1881 census, Ewen Livingstone, Queens Island, Lot 30.
1891 census same.
1900 couldn't find anything
1910 U.S. census: Suffolk cty. Mass. Ewen Livingstone age 50, b. canada, carpenter
wife: Catherine 50,b. canada
son: Donald C. 14, b.Canada
dau. Annie W. 10, b. Canada

1920 U.S. census: Somerville, Middlesex cty. Mass.
Ewen Livingstone age 64, b. P.E.I. Carpenter
wife: Catherine, 62,b. P.E.I.
dau. Annie W. 20 b. P.E.I.

So to rap this up, Ewen Livingstone on Lot 30 Queens County PEI. is the brother of Samuel Livingstone. Samuel and Ewen Livingstone according to family tree on the Island Register PEI are the sons of a John Livingstone and Peggy McDougall.

Another interesting note. I noticed on the 1881 census for Ewen & Catherine(Fisher) Livingstone on Lot #30. their next door neighbor is a Samuel McDougall, could this be a relation to the wife of John Livingstone who married a Peggy McDougal?

Jewel
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Donald and Jewel;

Barry researched these Livingstone's. This is in the PEI/Nova Scotia Livingston/es page 63-65.

Milton was named after his wifes' brother, I believe. The Sharmans' owned land on lot 64.

Regards;

Roberta
garlin

Post by garlin »

I wanted to let you know that Milton Livingstone was a first cousin once removed of my fathers.-Linda Livingstone Robinson
ihs

Post by ihs »

Hi everyone,

I received the following e-mail:

"Hi Ineke,
I received a message from Kyle MacLea in regards to Milton. He would have been my second cousin. His father and my father were first cousins.I knew a little bit about him as my father would tell me that his death was very hard on his father Joe.
You mentioned that you had a picture of him and it would be nice to have a copy if possible.

The best
Linda Livingstone Robinson"

Thanks to everyone for putting me in touch with Milton's family. The book will be available next month through http://www.volumesdirect.com/

Regards,
Ineke
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Jewel,

NIce work tracking Ewen Livingston from PEI to Massachusetts. Helpful if we someday get inquiries on him.

regards,

Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Kyle,

Great work connecting Ineke with Milton Livingston's kin.

regards,

Donald