Looking for relatives of Milton E. Livingstone

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
Kyle MacLea

Re: Looking for relatives of Milton E. Livingstone

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Excellent work, all! Also, Ineke--can you let us know when it is available? Thanks!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
ihs

Post by ihs »

Will do, Kyle.
Ineke
garlin

Post by garlin »

Hi Jewel
Just wanted to let you know that Ewen Livingstone was my fathers uncle. i don't know if Ewen left any family in Mass.
If you have any information I would appreciate.
Thanks Linda Livingstone Robinson
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Linda,
Welcome to the Maclea Livingstone Society Forum
As Jewel has indicated Ewen Livingston b. 1854 carpenter born at Bonshaw Rd. Bonshaw, Lot 30 who married to Catharine Fisher who was your father's Uncle. His older brother Samuel Livingston b.1852 of Bonshaw later of the Murrray River area Lot 60 would have been your grandfather if I understand correctly. Jewel has found family information indicating that the parents of Samuel and Ewen were a John Livingston and Peggy MacDougall. Other Livingstons living in the Hopefield/ Murray River Lot 60 area in the 1800's are apparently the children of pioneers John Livingston and Margaret Macleod. This includes a John, Donald and Duncan Livingston also born in the 1850's.

regards,

Donald (Livingstone) Clink
Historian
Maclea Livingstone Society
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Hi Linda,

In answer to your question, yes, Ewen left many family members in Massachusettes. I found a few more details for your records.

I found a marriage for a John L. Livingstone. This is a son of Ewen and Catherine(Fisher) This John wasn't listed with his father Ewen in the 1910 & 1920 census. So he must have been living on his own during that time period. The marriage is as follows: July 1, 1911, Somerville, county of Middlesex, Massachusettes.
John Livingstone age 33 born abt. 1877 in P.E.I. son of Ewen Livingstone and Catherine Fisher. John Livingstone (carpenter)married a Katherine May Robertson, Katherine age 23b. abt.1887 in P.E.I. parents were Thomas Robertson and Mary K. McKenzie. It states that John was resideing at 30 Maynard St. Boston Massachusettes.

I then found John Livingstone & wife Katherine (Robertson) in the 1930 census living at 213 Beconsfield Rd. Worcester, county Worcester, Massachusettes District 118.

John Livingstone b. Canada age 53 Watchman at wharehouse.
Katherine M. b. canada age 43
Jessie M. age 17 b. Mass.
Raymond E. age 16 Mass.
John L. age 14 b. Mass.
Katherine age 11 Mass.
William age 10 Mass.
Joseph age 8 Mass.
Eunice age 3 Mass.

Also in the 1930 Census for Middlesex county, town of Arlington, Massachusettes. Catherine Livingstone widow age 74 b. Canada living with her daughter Anna Smith age 30 b. canada. Head of household is a Leroy Smith, Anna is listed as his wife and Catherine Livingstone is listed as mother-in-Law to Leroy smith.
Leroy and Anna have one child. Lillian L. Smith age 5, b. Mass.

I found one other record that might be of interest. This was a City Directory for Cambridge, Mass. in the year 1923.

Ewen & Catherine Livingstone Ewen occupation is listed as carpenter. the address given is h.16 Upland Road.

I didn't find any death record for Ewen Livingstone but I would say he died sometime between 1923 and 1930.

If I come across any other information that might be of help to you I will let you know.

regards Jewel
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Well done Jewel.

regards,

Donald
Livingstone_PEI

Post by Livingstone_PEI »

Hey All

Is this all figured out? Are there any missing pieces? I recall a will for that area I read at the archives where the father had left the farm to his son if his son returned from the war. Now I have to find which son he was referring to. This was in Little Sands though, but very close to Murray Harbour. Lets see what I can find out about him.

Barry
robert-law

Post by robert-law »

The photo looks great. I will surely try to find some information for u.
robert