Quick Writing Project: Volunteer Needed

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
Kyle MacLea

Quick Writing Project: Volunteer Needed

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Dear Clan members,

I'm writing because I need a volunteer for what should hopefully be a very quick writing project. If you think you can help, please let me know by PM or by email.

I'd like someone to write a short (1-3 page) summary of our Clan history, written to emphasize the exciting history our Clan has been a part of and highlighting or at least mentioning famous members or stories. This is to be used a recruiting tool for our Clan Society, and as a way to spread the word about our Clan and its history.

I'd like it to be written in accessible language (even written "romantically"), and anything you'd like can be taken (even verbatim) from the Clan website. I will add some pictures and use this to put together a recruiting document for our Society, for use at Games, and to give people online an idea of what we're like as a Society.

If you can help--and I really need someone to take this on, too much on my plate right now--please let me know!

THANK YOU!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Jill Richmond

Re: Quick Writing Project: Volunteer Needed

Post by Jill Richmond »

Hi Kyle,

I have a potted clan history. You may remember that I wrote a history of my family which appeared in Parnassus. I expanded this for my family and, to put them in the picture, wrote this truncated clan history. It can be expanded (in fact should be expanded) and I also have photos of the St, Moluag/St. Columba window and the outside of Lismore parish church, plus a photo of the view looking down the Lynn of Lorn, showing a small part of Appin, plus Lismore with the hills of Morven behind it. In its present form the history occupies about a page plus including photos, but excluding the Lynn of Lorn photo. I don't know whether this would be of help.

Regards,

Jill
Jill Richmond
Kyle MacLea

Re: Quick Writing Project: Volunteer Needed

Post by Kyle MacLea »

I've responded on email. But in short--yes, perfect! We could expand it very slightly if it's not comprehensive, and maybe add a couple more pictures.

Thank you!
Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com