Some Interesting Family History Resources for Argyll

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
Kyle MacLea

Some Interesting Family History Resources for Argyll

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Hi all,

I heard about a book listed here which discusses the abandonment of Stronefield and other Knapdale townships in Argyll. I thought it was interesting to see something about the history of Argyll and that not all abandonment of places was due to the Clearances.

There are also a bunch of other books from LNAFHG that might be of interest to readers of this Forum:

http://www.lochaberandnorthargyllfamily ... /id83.html

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Kaye Saunders

Re: Some Interesting Family History Resources for Argyll

Post by Kaye Saunders »

Thanks for this Kyle - it's a group I hadn't found before. I will check them out and see what I can use to prepare myself the next year's visit.

Cheers
Kaye
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Kyle,

Some of those books I have utilized in my Livingstone research over the years. Lucille Campey has written a number of books pertaining to Scottish settlement in Canada including Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Upper Canada and includes some passenger lists which I found quite helpful. This Society encompasses the area of Western Argyllshire where our Clan Chief and many of our Clan originated from so some of their information may prove to be of some use to our Clan.

regards,

Donald
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

It does seem like some good resources--wish my book budget were bigger!

I hope it helps you Kaye!

All best,
Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com