Just to say Hello

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
Canadian Livingstone

Re: Just to say Hello

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Sharon,
Thank-you for that. There are a some very dedicated Livingstone clan members out there who have helped to make this forum what it is today. We Livingstones are a very proud bunch and are very enthusiastic about the future of our Maclea Livingstone Clan Society. Of course it is through the kindness of our Clan Chief Baron Niall Livingstone that we have this wonderful forum and Clan web site. I hope that you continue to enjoy the site. Roberta and Jewel are also descendants of Cape Breton Livingstones and frequently dropping by the forum providing us with their insightful comments and research skills.

Glad to hear your hanging on to your ancestral Livingston homeland in Cape Breton. I am ashamed to say I have never been to Cape Breton or Nova Scotia. I know the views along the coast must be pretty amazing. Definitely will take a trip out there one of these times.

regards,

Donald
amarach

Post by amarach »

Hi everyone I'm new to to the forum Hoping to find connections to my past .Karl
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

Well. I managed to register so "Hello!"

My name is Ginger Livingston Sanders. We were originally Livingstones but during WWII the Army dropped the "e" from my great-grandpa's name and it turned out to be easier for him to change his name than his Army records. I have always loved my Livingston name and since I travel a lot, would love to learn of any family I might have in Scotland and around the world. I will have more information in a week or so when my grandparents settle in from their annual migration from Oregon to Arizona.

I do know the following info.

John Williiam Livingston(e) Sr. born? died 1962(He's the one they dropped the "e" on.) Since he met my great-grandma in California when they were 20-ish I doubt he came over from Scotland, although she came over from Sweden so who knows....We are also McCarters on his side.

John William Livingston Jr. 1921 to present born in California (I think)
David William Livingston 1943 to present born in San Gabriel, California

Nice tae meit ye!

Ginger
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Welcome, Ginger! It's great to have you here! Some of our volunteer researchers may have some ideas or leads for you at some point. I would recommend that when you hear from your grandparents and have more information, share it in the "Ancestral Search" subforum, starting a new thread when you do!

We'd love to hear more about your family and maybe we can help you find out some more or make connections using our paper records. It MAY also be of interest to you to explore the DNA project if you have male relatives of the Livingston/e name (brother, father, etc.).

Again, welcome, Ginger!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

Talked to Grandpa and got a little more info. Will post in the other board.

RE: DNA project. I have...... Father, GRANDFATHER, Brother, Nephew, Sons, GRANDSON......Yes. 5 generations. Whop Whop!

Ginger
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Ginger,

See the postings in our "Ancestral Search" section regarding your Livingston family queries. Jewel and I have located your family in Colorado in 1900 and possibly in Scotland in the 1800's.
regards,

Donald
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

It's amazing.. I am still trying to process all the info.

My Dad (David Livingston) had a massive stroke in August and is slowly recovering his right side motor skills and his speech. He is very excited by all the info and we discussed a trip to Scotland in the future. It is heartwarming to see him have a goal like that.

Ginger
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Ginger,
Sorry to hear about your father's stroke but glad to hear that he making a recovery. Glad that he is enjoying the information on his Livingston ancestors.

regards,

Donald
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

If he's able, that Scotland trip might be a really memory maker for him! I hope he gets to see the old homeland at some point, if it's possible! Glad we could be of help!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
donald david

Post by donald david »

Well, hello then.
I'm Donald David Livingstone from Edmonton Alberta Canada. I found this site by accident but an glad that I did. I am definitely a Livingstone, and am proud to say that I will soon be the owner of Livingstone Kilt. It was a 50th birthday present from my family. I have lots more to say, but a big hi to all from Alberta Canada